Infrastructures and stations
Suburban Train Railway Infrastructure Plan for Madrid
The Spanish Government, through the Ministry of Public Works, has decided to invest 5,000 million euro for the improvement and promotion of the Madrid’s Suburban Train railway service.
The main projects of this Plan make a distinction between the extension of the infrastructures, their modernisation, and the construction and improvement of stations and interchanges.
- 115 kilometres of new lines
- 30 kilometre transversal axis through the centre of Madrid
- 66 kilometres of enlarging the tracks’ capacity
- More than 25 new stations
- 5 new transport interchanges
- 55 stations and 7 interchanges will be modernised
In general, the measures projected in this Plan intend to guarantee safety, reduce and make transfers between lines easier, and improve the connectivity with other means of transport. All of this for the benefit of the citizens of Madrid.