- Our commitments
Adif endeavours to maintain collaborative relations with all groups of interest: the general public, rail services’ users, operators, public administrations, cultural, social, sports and environment organisations, suppliers, etc.
We are committed to situating ourselves in each of these settings in a position that enables us to offer an efficient, functional and economic service pursuant to general criteria of sustainability.
WE ARE WORKING TO:
- Increase the overall efficiency of the railway system
- Ensure rail transport safety
- Improve territorial structure
- Encourage social cohesion and sustainable development
- Promote the well being and quality of life of the general public
Adif is in charge of managing a large part of the investment in rail infrastructures and of administering the high-speed network entrusted to our organisation, not to mention the Rail Network of State Interest.
Based on this responsibility and of those arising from the legal framework in which Adif pursues its activity, the Strategic Infrastructure and Transport Plan (PEIT) and the Railway Act, the Administrator of Rail Infrastructures has defined its mission/vision:
Promoting the Spanish railway system by means of the development and management of a safe, efficient and sustainable infrastructure to the highest quality standards in both economic and environmental terms.
As the manager and administrator of the railway infrastructure, Adif is committed to converting the railway into the ideal means of transport, increasing the quality of life of the general public, maintaining the current, high safety standards and working to continuously improve them, assuming respect for the environment as its main premise, encouraging the ideal integration of the railway in the surroundings and promoting sustainable development.
Maximum efficiency in management and operation is essential, with commitment and transparency, in a socially responsible manner, developing new business and obtaining an economic-financial balance, while at the same time facilitating operators’ access to the infrastructure under equal conditions and encouraging an increase in the railway share of the transport market as opposed to other modes of transport.
Adif as an organisation is committed to turning the development of its human resources into one of its pillars of success, to developing the efficient management of public resources, to facilitating the putting of Strategic Infrastructure and Transport Plan (PEIT) into practice and to contributing to the country’s structure and territorial integration.
To position Adif as a reference organisation among European Infrastructures Managers with respect to Management Systems’ innovation and integration on the basis of management excellence and social commitment.
In this sense, Adif is actively participating in the development of the sector and aims to position itself at the technological and management vanguard of railway infrastructures management in Europe, and to become a reference point for safer and greater quality rail systems in its sphere of action.
Based on these premises, the challenges that Adif has set itself for 2010 form the background to its values as an organisation; challenges which consist of:
- becoming a reference point among the safest railway systems in its sphere of action, by means of reducing the accident rate
- becoming the maximum European reference point in terms of service quality, reaching a punctuality rating of 98 %.
- achieving maximum operational efficiency, on positioning itself among the five best European managers, with an operational cost of €45,00/km per year
- reaching economic and financial balance by means of fully covering operating costs
- promoting innovation to develop news businesses from the assets it manages
- facilitating access to the infrastructure under equality of conditions to railway operators
- encouraging the increase of rail transport's market share as opposed to other modes of transport, both in terms of freight, as well as passengers.